Look for a romantic getaway on the Hammock Coast
South Carolina is full of attractive destinations, but for couples in search of a romantic weekend getaway, South Carolina’s Hammock Coast® has much to offer. The area’s natural beauty, casual charm and eco-activities are begging couples to make their way to the Palmetto State’s most charming community.
Other powerful lures are the area’s selection of bed & breakfast and oceanfront accommodations, both of which provide the serenity couples cherish on a romantic getaway. Here is a sampling of the Hammock Coast properties lovers flock to:
● Near the top of every list is historic Mansfield Plantation, an antebellum property that was established in 1718. Located on more than 900 acres, Mansfield takes guests back in time, showcasing pre-Civil War architecture and landscape. With an emphasis on education and the ability to explore the storied property, it won’t take long to understand why CNN called Mansfield one of the “Top 10 bed and breakfast destinations in America.”
● Located in the heart of historic Georgetown, 620 Prince is a luxury B&B located in a fully restored house that traces its roots back to the 1800s. With five rooms to choose from and easy access to Front Street, 620 Prince has quickly emerged as one of the Hammock Coast’s most popular accommodations. The European-style continental breakfast is a treat and the complementary weekend happy hour, which includes hors d’oeuvres, is the perfect way to begin an evening.
● Few things rank higher on the romance scale than a walk on the beach and the Hammock Coast’s oceanfront properties make it easy. If you and your boo are looking for a more traditional experience, check out Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort. Litchfield has an onsite restaurant and an outdoor bar, tennis courts, and other amenities – and boasts a beautiful stretch of the Atlantic Ocean.
● A boutique hotel property, Oceanfront Litchfield Inn offers an intimate beach experience. The inn offers multiple room options but the one thing they all have in common is the promise that guests are never more than a couple steps from putting their toes in the sand. If it’s a laidback vibe you are looking for, Litchfield Inn needs to be at the top of your list. And in the complex is Austin’s Ocean One restaurant, the Hammock Coast’s only beachfront restaurant, and the Cabana Beach Bar & Cafe, offering drinks and tasty food by the pool.
● For couples that want it all, renting a beach home on Pawleys Island will provide an unforgettable experience. The barrier island is devoid of commercial business and home to stunning oceanfront homes, delivering luxury, privacy and unforgettable views. A weekend spent with your significant other in a Pawleys Island beach home is a bucket-list trip.
Once you decide on your accommodations, give our list of the top romantic restaurants on the Hammock Coast a quick read. It’s sure to whet your appetite!
About the Hammock Coast®
Georgetown County’s casual charm and Southern hospitality earned it the nickname Hammock Coast. Adventure and relaxation blend together in perfect harmony, like the flowing and ebbing of waves on the county’s famed beaches. With six communities – southern Garden City, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawleys Island, Georgetown and Andrews – comprising the pristine coastal area between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, visitors can experience South Carolina’s Hammock Coast like never before.
For a comprehensive look at the Georgetown County dining scene, click here.
Compiled by Chris King for the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce and South Carolina’s Hammock Coast®