Mild year-round temperatures are perfect to enjoy outdoor activities. Touring the historic district, cruising down the river, admiring the gardens at Brookgreen or traveling to the area’s plantations, are just some of the many options that are available.
Our outdoor enthusiasts won’t want to miss:
1. Paddle-boarding with Surf the Earth – Take a paddle board tour and journey through the Pawleys Island and Litchfield salt marsh eco-systems. You will experience a unique look at the beautiful environment that surrounds this picturesque area.
2. Golf – home to some of the nation’s most awarded golf courses, the Hammock Coast boasts over 12 of the most sought after courses to play.
3. Kayaking, canoeing or just relaxing in the sun. Pawleys Island Beach Service offers all the outdoor rentals you need to enjoy the great outdoors – chairs, bikes, kayaks, umbrellas, canoes and beach supplies.
4. Let the Carolina Guide Service put together a custom Inshore and Nearshore Fishing Charter just for you. Specializing in shallow water light tackle and fly fishing in the estuaries surrounding Georgetown, Pawleys Island and Lichfield. Also available, river tours, lighthouse excursions, alligator spotting and dolphin tours.
5. Spend the day with Georgetown Coastal Adventures and fish Winyah Bay, North Inlet, North and South Santee Rivers and Bulls Bay. Catfish trips on the Santee River, river and bay Cruises, river back water and Barrier Island site seeing tours.
6. Join Black River Outdoors for the Cypress-Tupelo Swamp Tour. Paddle the clear black waters that ebb and flow through wilderness cypress-tupelo swamps over sandbars and spreading through creeks to the hidden ponds of the 1300 acre Black River Nature Preserve owned by The Nature Conservancy. Watch for ducks, owls, beavers and otters, alligators, kingfishers, deer, spider lilies, ibis and wood storks, swallow-tail kites, wild turkeys, and swamp canaries (prothonotary warblers) on this 4 Hour Tour.
7. For the water sport enthusiast check out Express Watersports in Murrells Inlet for Parasailing, ,kayak Rental & Tours, Banana Boat rides, Paddleboard rentals, Ocean Sightseeing & Dolphin Watch, Scuba Diving Charters, lessons, and rentals
8. Experience the great outdoors by camping along the Sampit River at Johnson’s Marina & Campground.
9. Surf Lessons – learn how to ride the waves with a personal surf lesson
10. Go Crabbing! For drop basket crabbing, the crab dock at Morse Park Landing or Veteran’s Pier are good spots in Murrells Inlet. For hand line “old-style” crabbing, the best place is at the oyster shell recycling area. This area is just south of the southern split of Highway 17 Bypass and 17 Business.